Choose the highest-quality materials
- First look to source organic, recycled, or otherwise low-impact materials.
- Look for high abrasion-resistance, a hefty hand, and some stretch.
- Use materials that have multiple use-cases.
- Use materials with textural interest.
Build durability into the design
- Use the strongest seam construction up to the point of diminishing return.
- Overbuild stress points such as seams, pockets, and buttons.
- Use the highest quality hardware available.
Design a highly mobile and tailored fit
- Use stretch materials and mechanical articulation to achieve unrestricted movement.
- Design pattern for a tailored fit that follows body lines.
Aim for timeless style and integrate features subtly
- Use timeless color palettes to guard against seasonal style trends and facilitate a slimmed-down, versatile wardrobe.
- Integrate technical features into clean lines suitable for everyday use.
- Have a reason for every stitch.
Iterate and stay tuned to feedback
- Listen to the customer and make changes when necessary to continuously improve our product.
READ MORE ABOUT LIVSN:
- Our Story
- What We Believe
- Apparel Production Principles
- Fair Deal Guarantee
- Sustainability Pt. 1: Materials, Life Cycles, and Design
- Sustainability Pt. 2: Sustainable Corporate Thinking