Please apply by sending an email to email@example.com with a resume and a short explanation of why you're right for the job.
LIVSN Sales & Marketing Manager
This is a rare chance to get in early at a high-growth startup on the very front end of its upward trajectory. LIVSN has seen incredible traction and adoption with our customers and the industry-at-large, having recently been featured in Outside Magazine and named by Gearjunkie as their “Favorite pants of 2020”. We’re ready to build on that growth and need a strong team to make it happen.
This role will be responsible for sales and marketing across all channels. You will be working directly with the founder and a small collection of highly specialized agencies to propel the brand further into the national conversation. As it is when you’re among the first hires at a startup, your roles will be fluid and the responsibilities will be wide-ranging. This takes a certain kind of person who can think both large and small, strategically and tactically, and who thrives when the path ahead is uncertain. We need someone who has done it before, seen how they can do it better, and who wants to build something special.
Does that sound like you?
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work directly with the founder on communicating brand messaging and value proposition to both our current and prospective audiences
- Evolving and refining our messaging based on native knowledge of branding concepts.
- Analyze web and social data and use that data to optimize our website and marketing activities for the greatest success
- Management of outsourced digital marketing, PR, and crowdfunding agencies
- Website management including imagery, copy, navigation, and theme
- Ownership of the brand voice and marketing presence
- Email marketing - both management and execution
- Social media - both management and execution
- Driving sales and marketing activities to reach company goals and objectives
- Sales reporting and data analysis
Skills & Qualifications:
- Academically minded and the ability to figure things out on your own
- Experience working with a Shopify online store
- Experience with Mailchimp, Klaviyo, or other email marketing tools
- Native understanding of social media and social media marketing
- Complete understanding of e-commerce KPI’s, retail math, and sales channel optimization
- Ability to “speak” in a brand language and also evolve it
- Familiarity with the outdoor apparel industry, consumer psychology, and the competitive landscape of brands. A unique point of view is encouraged.
- Experience driving and creating revenue-generating activities for a company
- Advanced copywriting skills
- Experience communicating a brand message to the press, other organizations, and customers
- Basic marketing graphic design experience (Adobe is great, but Canva works)
- Excellent communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a positive attitude
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced (and likely remote) work environment
- A self-starter with a high degree of personal accountability
- Direct experience working in the outdoor industry or adjacent
- 5-7 years in brand and e-commerce marketing
- 2-4 years managing a team, either in-house or outsourced
- Proficient in Google and Microsoft suites
- Full-time availability
Nice to have:
- Experience working in an ERP and technical backend systems
- Previous startup experience
- Full-time & salaried
- Salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience and ability to create value
LIVSN Designs was founded in 2018 in Fayetteville, Arkansas, and graduated from the 2019 Techstars Austin cohort. We have run two highly successful Kickstarter campaigns, raising more than $184k from 1,300+ backers, and helping fund the development of our flagship product, the Flex Canvas Pants.
With all of our products, we strive to balance versatility, comfort, and durability with the intention that our customers can own fewer items of clothing that do more and last longer. This ties directly to our approach to sustainability: A product that lasts a long time and serves a variety of purposes well is the most sustainable.